Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a Universal Radio Frequency Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwiebe

I have 3 radio frequency remotes that I need to combine into a single 8 or 10 channel remote that can 'learn' the frequencies of the remotes. These are small car type remotes.

Any thoughts or a website on where to get a device like this?

You probably can't, decent car remotes use random codes for security purposes, a Universal remote (even if they were made) wouldn't have the identical random code system.

They are not true car remotes. They are designed to control aftermarket lighting effects but are packaged in small 4 button car remotes. I highly doubt that they have rolling codes etc. However, even if they do there are definitely aftermarket car remote replacement devices. You can pick them up on EBay. My problem is that I need one that has 8 or 10 channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back