Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need A Simple Timed Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

chads

I´m pretty much a noob, but I think this should be fairly simple, I just need a simple design that will activate 2 small relays at a variable interval, say 5 - 10 minutes. Specifically I want to replace the momentary contact switches in an air conditioner control panel with the relays and then have them switch on and off every few minutes (cycling between fan and cool). I´m thinking two normally open 3-8V DC relays run by a circuit that is powered by a couple of AA batteries or maybe a 9V . They would need to switch on for probably about only a half second or so. The timing cycle adjustment does not need to be anything fancy, maybe a vairiable capacitor or something? Appreciate the help

Thanks

When I first saw this topic, I thought it was something that needed a short delay and was going to recommend using a 555 Timer circuit, but then I read what you were going to do, so I would recommend using a PIC microcontroller for what you need. I'm a noob too so, don't feel bad if I can't give you any more information on what you need for your switching relay circuit.

play with this one i would say

you can adjust the suply voltage if you change the potentio meter the time cycle will change also picking a different output of the IC will vary in duration

no mater which out put you take the up time is exacly the same as the down time
the transistor choice is depending how much your relais consume

so look at the data sheets for the IC 4060 and the transistors to fill in the blank spots

sucsess with building it

Robert-Jan

The 4XXX series of CMOS Logic ICs seem to be one of the most flexibles ICs out there, IMHO. I have a circuit myself that uses a 4011 and 4093, but If I were building a circuit like yours, I would take the recommendations of the more experienced users here on this forum. I would also listen to any other suggestions your fellow members would make to help you get your circuit working.

oops to hasty forgot the shematic:eek: :eek:

Robert-Jan

Attachments

• TMP3.JPG
    TMP3.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back