Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a Simple Digital Clock Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swati Shrama

Hi,
I'm a student of B.Sc. (Electronics). I'm not very good at electronics. I have to make a digital clock project as a part of my curriculum. I searched a lot but could not get a simple circuit of digital clock. Please provide a circuit diagram of simple digital clock using 555 or any other simple circuit of digital clock that will be easy for me to make and explain as a beginner. If possible, please provide the pcb layout too. I'll be really thankful.

Regards,
Swati

Hello.. swati shrama.... i am also indian can you help me in my project....

Trying to run a clock with a 555 timer is a good way to lose track of time. They are not exactly reliable when you need a very precise frequency.

You would have better luck with a crystal oscilator through a frequency devider that can step it down to 1 or 2 Hz.

An even better way is to use the frequency of the AC mains to get a clock frequency since they are tipicaly a very precise frequency. Although I'm not sure if in india the requirements from the power companies are quite as strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back