Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a project idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

salam1988

Hi all.

I am currently student and in my final year. I need to build a project using Electronics, but i really have no idea what to do...Can anybody give me ideas or advice

Thanks to all

Wow! You have no idea? What have your peers done in the past? What are your strong points in electronics?

Do a web search for electronic science projects or electronic class projects there are 1000s of them. I use to love to read through those some are very interesting. I think what others have done in the past will give you a better idea what project to do than I can.

Go to places like MIT do a search for the electronics department class projects. Try other universities too. It has been several years since I have checked MIT class projects but I remember spending weeks reading through some of those.

A couple of search suggestions:
1. Look through these forums. There are lots of problems here looking for solutions.
2. Google: FYP electronics (or add a word that will narrow it to your ability, like analog...digital...power...communication)

Ken

Thank you all. the idea I want is to build like a security system.. Few cameras, Microphones and maybe some light sensors all connected to maybe a WiFi and then user can be able to see all action online. I think its not a difficult project to start with but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone give me guide step by step on what should I do first? Thanks again

Be logical and methodical. Make sure you understand the workings of individual components you will be using.
1) Make a list of all the sensors and output devices you are going to use (cameras, mics, switches, displays, sounders, etc).
2) Get hold of the specifications/datasheets for all those, so that you know what input/output signals (current/voltage/frequency) they require/provide.
3) Get a microcontroller with enough input/output capability to handle all those sensors and devices.
4) Design and build any interface circuits needed to interface the micro to the sensors/devices.
5) Decide exactly what you want the whole system to do and program the micro accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back