Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a little help with My Clock Project, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigduff26

I made a Clock circuit out of 7493s ,7447, 7408, and anode seven seg displays. I started with making a mod-60 counter for the seconds and then duplicating it for the minutes. then i made a mod-12 counter for the hours. every thing works and counts correctly. where im stuck is where the seven seg display for the mod 12 counter wants to count to nine and then gives me some funky looking numbers for the 10,11, and 12.

Thanks for your help.

Duff

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 163
  • mod 12.jpg
    mod 12.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 175
It's hexidecimal, they aren't funky looking numbers they are letters. Hexadecimal displays work on 4 bit binary and the output displays the following: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. This represents 0-15 on the binary scale. Have your circuit reset itself for A through F and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back