Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a little help finding smd equivalants

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions and guide me to some squivalants.

1. Is there an smd equivalant for the 2n2222 and 1n4001?

2. If so, are there any IC's with 3 or 4 of each of the above?

3. the 2n2222's are used to control TIP41's...these work great for my application but do get rather warm...is there a slightly larger version that would produce less heat in a similar package and does it also have an SMD equivalant?

Thanks in advance!! I really appreciate it!

1) PN2222; MMBT4401.
2) I don't know.
3) Less heat in a similar package? Not usually, but let us look at your design and see if waste can be eliminated or moved to a device that can handle it.

Maybe there is some confusion about the way I stated it. Its the Tip41's getting hot. not the 2n2222's They control 12vdc solenoids about 25 ohms each dropping about 1 amp. they would need to used for extended periods of time and Im worried about enclosing them in water tight project box...

What about replacing the TIP41s with MOSFETs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back