Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a little help and understanding of a 555 timer circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the circuit for the 555. Use the 1Hz setting as it goes from 1Hz to about 8Hz via the pot. **broken link removed**

Next you have to put the 555 on a 12v supply. Use a resistor and zener diode as the voltage regulator to generate the 12v rail. Then you have to add the MOSFET to the output. Just connect the MOSFET to pin 3 via a resistor, say 470R.

It still is. All countries subjugate their masses with rules, laws and taxes that cripple them for life. Look at what the banks have done to us. EVERYONE has lost at least 40% of their savings

sorry just a little good natured ribbing. Didn't mean to get you off on a rabbit hunt or anything. :)

I did rabbit hunting yesterday, Today I'm going out to swing a couple of kangaroo's around to get my "Kangaroo Tail Soup."

I've had several friends who were stationed there and they were a little surprised to see kangaroo tail in the supermarket. They tell me it's not bad when prepared correctly.

Another friend had a little joey for a pet until it got pissed off and broke his kid's arm.

I spent two years on Guam but never made it "down under". Would love to travel there some day.

You can come and stay with us. We have a little "humpy." It's sort of like a "lean-to" with old "ripple-iron" on the roof and a "billy" out the front on a camp fire.
If you can boil water, you can throw anything you catch in the local "scrub" onto the fire and eat it like all the rest of us.

Last edited:
So this could not be run at 24v?

Here is the circuit for the 555. Use the 1Hz setting as it goes from 1Hz to about 8Hz via the pot. **broken link removed**

Next you have to put the 555 on a 12v supply. Use a resistor and zener diode as the voltage regulator to generate the 12v rail. Then you have to add the MOSFET to the output. Just connect the MOSFET to pin 3 via a resistor, say 470R.

No reason you can't use a simple transistor buffer stage at a higher voltage.

This will be running 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the rest of its life. So it would probably be better off not running at max voltage then hu? Should i put a fan on it? Would i be better off running it at 16v? This will be safe to run at 1.5 amps? My main thing is it needs to be reliable as the sun coming up. Thank you guys so much for your help. I am sure i will have a few more questions when i start putting this together.

Get a 12v to 16v 1watt zener and connect it to the 24v rail via a 330R resistor.
Get a MOSFET or Darlington transistor and connect it to the 555 via a 470R resistor.

You will need a 1N4004 across the motor.

What frequency do you want?

You can also use pin 5 to achieve a "mark-space" ratio.

I am not real good with electronics so i am not sure about everything you guys are talking about. My dad is better at it when he gets back from vacation i will have him take a look at this. If i knew this would work i would just about pay someone to build this lol.

Well after a little thought and due to time restraints is there anyone interested in building this for me? I will buy the parts and pay you for your time with in reason.

Well it looks like i am going to build this and give it a try. Where is the best place to order from? I would like to get it all from one place if possible. What watt resistors should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back