Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a help with Robot plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

XL-power

Hello all

I have a mechanism for my robot,

The mechanism is to move a shaft of the (x-12) motor inside a shaft of the pulley by a solenoid,
And the motor will rotate a pulley for a certain time then the motor will move back to its first position, at this time the pulley will keep moving, then the motor will repeat its movement and again rotate the pulley, I do this in order to keep the pulley to move all the time,
My problem is that how I attached the shaft of the motor to the shaft of the pulley for a certain time,
And then release it, (of course the motor will repeat this motion so I don’t need to loss the connection place between both shafts), and if the is any other suggestion to do my mechanism
My mechanism is in the attachment

thanks in advance

My problem is that how I attached the shaft of the motor to the shaft of the pulley for a certain time

What does certain time mean?
Anyway take care of motor torque will lifting vertical load from motor, only the wt of load will not consider the length of belt and radius of pulley will also increse wt due to which high torque from motor will be required...!!

What does certain time mean?
Anyway take care of motor torque will lifting vertical load from motor, only the wt of load will not consider the length of belt and radius of pulley will also increse wt due to which high torque from motor will be required...!!

thank you for your replay
The motor torque is :< Sec/60degree: 0.269 for 7Volt, 0.196 for 10 volt> as from the data sheet.
The motor will rotate an aluminum made pulley will a belt to pull a link with mass does not exceeds .25 g
The motor shaft must be engaged into the shaft of the pulley for 15 sec and operates and then the motor will be pulled back using a slider under it and small solenoid with maximum stroke 1.5 cm and the pulley will rotate freely backward its original direction.
And the steps are repeated.
I need the idea of the lock mechanism between the two shafts.

Last edited:
correct, this should only be done when motor and pulley are stopped (or both at same speed).
can you post more details, why do you need to decouple motor from pulley at all?
i just re-read your post and you say you want pulley to run all the time, if so why not keep motor engaged and running?
what are you trying to accomplish?

correct, this should only be done when motor and pulley are stopped (or both at same speed).
can you post more details, why do you need to decouple motor from pulley at all?
i just re-read your post and you say you want pulley to run all the time, if so why not keep motor engaged and running?
what are you trying to accomplish?

am designing a hopping robot with two links and between the two links there is a spring as what is in the attachment.
i need to release the motor from the pulley so the passive energy stored in the spring does not go to rotate the motor in the reverse direction.

i understand now and i think you will find out that having motor permanently engaged is by far the best option.
you may need to look into what is known as one way clutch, like this:
**broken link removed**

i understand now and i think you will find out that having motor permanently engaged is by far the best option.
you may need to look into what is known as one way clutch, like this:
**broken link removed**

Thank you very much for your help ..

but we have other problem ,, our project size is too small, for example our motor shaft diameter is around 1 cm and pulley shaft diameter is around 2 cm .. therefore, can we design it by our self (In workshop) or we have to buy it from somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

you just couldn't google it, eh? ;)

this is one of designs, there are others. and yes you could make one or you could buy it. it's your call but i think making one is huge waste of time as they usually cost 8-20 dollars and you don't have to worry about setup tolerances etc. i'd simply google or just check https://www.mcmaster.com/ for one that fits your dimensions and torque requirements, otherwise, just make adapter sleeve.

you just couldn't google it, eh? ;)

this is one of designs, there are others. and yes you could make one or you could buy it. it's your call but i think making one is huge waste of time as they usually cost 8-20 dollars and you don't have to worry about setup tolerances etc. i'd simply google or just check https://www.mcmaster.com/ for one that fits your dimensions and torque requirements, otherwise, just make adapter sleeve.

I googled it, but I found big sizes and not sutiable for mine :p:p

then, it's better to order it instead of manufacture it :)

Thanks a loooooot for your Help :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back