Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

XL-power

I have a mechanism for my robot,

The mechanism is to move a shaft of the (x-12) motor inside a shaft of the pulley by a solenoid,
And the motor will rotate a pulley for a certain time then the motor will move back to its first position, at this time the pulley will keep moving, then the motor will repeat its movement and again rotate the pulley, I do this in order to keep the pulley to move all the time,
My problem is that how I attached the shaft of the motor to the shaft of the pulley for a certain time,
And then release it, (of course the motor will repeat this motion so I don’t need to loss the connection place between both shafts), and if the is any other suggestion to do my mechanism
My mechanism is in the attachment

The logical mechanism would be an electro-mechanical "clutch". But, why not leave the motor attached to the pulley and just connect and disconnect power to the motor. Most motors will "freewheel" with no power applied. It might help if you explained the purpose of this system.

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back