Need a cheap record/playback IC suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I need a single chip that can record a few seconds of sound (2 seconds is fine. more is ok, though). it needs to be played by a switch.

I want something like this:
Jameco Electronics ICs & Semiconductors: WINBOND ELECTRONICS: ISD1110P

but what i really need is it to be available in surface mount. and at a bit lower of a cost...

Basically what i need to do is play a short (pre-recorded) sound when a button is pressed. At a MUCH lower cost, and surface mount. (might need to make a few of these)

and actually, it'd be nice if it operated on a lower voltage (3v would be great). but this is not a necessity as of right now.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Winbond sold(?) Cipcorders to Nuvotron Technology. They do have surface mount chips: **broken link removed**
A list of their distributors: **broken link removed**

Ken

Just google Chipcorders........there are a lot of them out there. What you want are the ones that are used in greeting cards.

(Who would have imagined that google would become a verb?"

haha! thank you HarveyH42! i think that might work nicely.

and thank you KMoffet and GonzoEngineer for the name ChipCorder! i think i'll use one of those saw things to prototype my project, and if i have to i'll use the nuvoton chips if the prototype works out.

You didn't say much about the application

yeah... i've got a product idea, and just wanted to play around before i said anything. i've seen how some of these guy's ideas get ripped apart on the forum and i wish to avoid that. hope that makes sense...

Here's a link that might save you a little experimenting on The Saw III...

**broken link removed**

Shows the board, and various areas of interest, some modifications. Says it runs fine off 5 volts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…