Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a bit of Help With DMX512

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuffMag1cDrag0n

So I have been scouring the web for info and source code samples. But I haven't yet been able to figure this out.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/39682D.pdf

I found https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/01076A.pdf, got a 18F24J10 and a DS75176 transceiver. I am new to the 18F family, so I don't know if I am doing everything correctly.
I am using a PCDJ DMX unit, which i tested with a dimmer pack.
I can see the pic is getting the signal, but it doesn't seem to work. The LED attached to RB3 just flickers.
For an oscillator it says to use "EC OSC with software PLL and CLKOUT on OSC3"
I checked the datasheet and it doesn't help me much. I am pretty sure thats why I can't get it to work.

I ultimately want to use a pic to decode and send 3-8 channels worth of data to another pic that would do the rest of the work.

Can anyone offer some input on what I am doing wrong?

or direct me to a project that would suit me?
or I would be willing the buy pre-built units or buy source code that I could modify to my needs(I know assembly, will learn more C in the future)

I also played around with some 16f870 based DMX reciever, without much luck.

I really want to learn how to use DMX signals with Pic's(I help run a small light/sound business and would like to make stage props/custom color wash lights etc)

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back