Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a basic H-Bridge IC recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MathGeek

Hello,

I have two medium DC motors for a robot. I would like a integrated H-bridge.
Voltage for the motors are ~10 VDC, and current would be around 1A or more.

Any recommendations?

thanks.

All you're paying for is the snazzy visualizations. Ltspice is nice and it's free, it does however require the user to tell it how it needs to view the various outputs and a user that knows how to interpret them to the same extent.

Sceadwian said:
All you're paying for is the snazzy visualizations. Ltspice is nice and it's free, it does however require the user to tell it how it needs to view the various outputs and a user that knows how to interpret them to the same extent.

Proteus goes just a little further than that,

Ltspice's libraries are small in comparison, and it lacks in simulation tools (both analogue and digital) to monitor circuit behavior. There’s no PCB designing software with it

Proteus also allows people to insert their PIC/AVR/programmable device into the circuit, and execute their program with great accuracy, and step into the program - watching how the programs registers are functioning and I/O's function line by line if required.
For example, you can create a program to interface with an GLCD for your PIC, throw in a Graphical LCD in Proteus, wire it up, and watch your PIC program work by hitting 'play'. Easy as pie

As for PCB designing tools, when your done simulating, you can hit a button (Ares shortcut), and have you components auto layed out, slide/move a few things around, and then auto route with extreme efficiency to 1/2/3/4 layer pcb requirements. Then just print and Iron.

Proteus's basic license also runs what, 200$'s U.S.? And that doesn't include the individual processor license you need to purchase, for PIC/AVR simulation, or the PCB design software license cost. Even 'educational' licenses are only 20% off.
AVRStudio does complete AVR simulation. I'm sure there are PIC equivilants. LTspice does complete circuit simulation, Eagle does complete PCB layout. Proteus would require 750-1000 dollars in licenses to do get same results as the free software, and all the user has to do is look it up.

Last edited:
getting back to the topic at hand...

Wow, that's some serious digression from the OP, but I guess peoples is peoples.

Forget about the L298, all you need is the SN754410. To understand why, read through the thread Omar started, "Motor Controller," in this forum. Chime in on our discussion there if you still have any concerns, questions or comments, 'cause it looks like you lost the crowd here somehow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back