Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a 2 digit display for a centering device used on a printing press

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1982

the motor relies on an analog signal input to a plc. the problem is when the chain breaks or the gearbox goes bad and you replace either, the main pile can be adjusted to center by hand but the pot needs to be set to 5vdc input or 0 in order the pile to go down. so 0vdc is -25 and +10vdc is +25. I need to build a circuit that can display these values very accurately. i know i'd need a 2 digit display and an analog to bcd chip but any ideas on how to design the circuit - I'm more experienced as an electrician not in electronics.

If you are reading voltage, you could dedicate a voltmeter to the job. An analog, panel mount meter should be fairly cheap, and you can change the scale to show -25 to +25 instead of 0V to 10V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back