Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need 8051 Assembler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephselim

Hey guys,
i am using this program https://www.acebus.com/win8051.htm
to assemble my code , this program is so cool, but the problem is it can't assemble files larger than a certain size ( 16k byte editor text buffer )
so, i need another assembler, this is urgent guys,
some body help me out,
:( :( :(

Try making it so that your programmer can program the chip as usual, and when the 16K is done, have the programmer freeze everything (no resets) until the next 16K block arrives. I don't know if this is even possible with commercial programmers, but I think you are out of luck on this one, unless you make your own programmer and make your own software.

mstechca said:
Try making it so that your programmer can program the chip as usual, and when the 16K is done, have the programmer freeze everything (no resets) until the next 16K block arrives. I don't know if this is even possible with commercial programmers, but I think you are out of luck on this one, unless you make your own programmer and make your own software.
actually, i use this programmer **broken link removed**
and i don't think i have the option to freeze :?

I'm currently using an assembler that might be able to help you out.But I guess you may experience a little problem with the settings initially.

It's developed by a Chinese company with both English and Chinese language support.Installation wizard is always in English.But when ran for the first time,the default selection on my system is Chinese.Don't know how it works on other platforms.However you can change the settings easily to switch to English.You may need to adapt a little for editing in such environment,but it's really no big deal.

Try it if you don't have any other choice:

**broken link removed**

Good luck.

eblc1388 said:
Would be perfect if it also support macros. But shouldn't ask for so much on free products.
Unfortunately it does not support macros.

But if you want work with a macro assembler in Windows environment use any DOS based macro asembler and a freeware editor like "Crimson Editor". You can assign shortcut keys in the editor to call the assembler and generate the hex|bin file, all with a single click of a button. This will be as good as using an IDE. I use this method for development.

ASEM-51 macro assembler along with MIDE-51 IDE also makes a good development software.

kinjalgp said:
ASEM-51 macro assembler along with MIDE-51 IDE also makes a good development software.

Agree. Have been using it for a while. More like a GUI instead of being an IDE. Cannot even change the syntax highlighting color. No simulator involved. Handy being one key compile and get all error messages immediately on a separate window below. But good for me already.

Just downloaded the one posted by Alex above(the Wave6000w.zip) and now playing with it. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back