Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need 2 replacement transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi i have 3 rgb light controllers (from china) 2 have blown 3 smds onboard.
The one that works still has stamps on them

i am after 2x A6
& 1x A01T

even thought they are smd they can be replaced with normal transistors as i have heaps of room in the casing.

I tried my local store who said they dont really have anything.
Can someone tell me if there is other parts cross reference i can use. The units are 12v dc in and dc 12v out to the rgb strip lights.
any help is appreciated, thanks

Sorry but now days boards are not really made so you can fix them.
"A6" is not a part number, but a hint at the part number. The parts are too small to write "2N222AUB" on them.
Can you send a picture?
Maybe some one here has the same controller and can help but repair is not easy.

From the data I have available, the A6 could designate a BAS or BAV 16 series fast silicone diode, rated 75-80V 250mA, a few dual diode packages or a voltage detector ic, or a mosfet rated at 30V, 2.5A in a sot-23 package, plus a whole load of other possible diodes, and regulators etc. It would be nearly impossible to tell which is the likely component without further information such as a schematic.

20140814_143636.jpg20140814_143535.jpg

The Transistors Q1, Q2 and Q3 don't seem to be a BJT. I infer this because these are driven directly from the IC's without any resistor. Likely to be FET's.

What is the polarity of the DC input?

The dc in pin closest to the top or closest to the ics is positive, this runs up the side of the board and seems to feed + to the leds black wire.

I also think they are N-Channel Mosfet's, might even be Logic Level types. Time to start experimenting with a couple of devices and one of the goosed boards I think...

Thanks tuned wolf.
Could you tell me what parts to try from here as its my only local parts store jaycar.com.au thanks heaps
Also like i mentioned they dont need to be smd as the casing is 10x bigger then the contents :)

You will need to measure the current drawn from the good board when all LED's are on full brightness before you can select a suitable transistor. I suspect that the primary reason why the other boards failed is that the current required to drive the LED package is right on the border for the transistors to handle. Also, please be aware that the integrated circuit driving the transistors may have also failed if the transistors went short circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back