Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need 1.5V supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepalien

Hello folks,
While dusting off an apartment found this portable tape player/FM radio. It takes 1.5V battery. While testing, I found it consumes around 50 mA. With 2000 mAh chargeable battery, it will last around 40 hours theoretically. My goal is to power it through DC converter.
I have 12V in to 3V out converter. Now I need to convert 3V to 1.5V. One option is to use 30Ω resistor in series. What is another option? Is there a regulator for 1.5V?
Thanks.

Thanks for your quick response.
Sounds like LM317P output voltage can be adjusted from 1.2 V to 37 V with 1.5 A limit. Perfect.
Now I need to find a circuit that uses LM317 chip.

Found this circuit for 1.5V PSU **broken link removed**
Hopefully I can find all the parts required in this part of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back