Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neat Project You've Done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured I'd start this to see what interesting creations people have made in the past....

Mine are:

1) SUMO robots for our high school. They weigh 150 lbs and run on car batteries. Plus, they can carry me (160lbs)...

2) Right now I'm working on a homemade CNC mill from an old printer and a couple of stepper motors I have lying around. The printer used was an Epson Stylus Color 660, which has a great frame if you strip it correctly, allowing about 8-10 inches of horizontal travel if you modify the cartridge carrier. The vertical space is about 3 inches (I think) and could be made even greater if the printer were mounted on a pedastal of some sort.

The thing will work like this:

MCU from computer's LPT port to motor drivers...

The printer's stepper controls the X, add in the Y and Z...

Plus a Dremel or other high-speed motor and Voila! a CNC mill capable of doing PCB etching, various other kinds of etching and possibly part manfacturing. If I have the time I'll take some photos.

-Infamous

Project

I am currently working on a 12 way detonator control box for my pirotechnics displays...... In the summer a group of us do medieval re-enacting and my job is to create the charges for the cannon shots to simulat the hits on the target.........

For the last three years I have set the charges off by touching the wires on to a 12V battery, sometimes forgetting witch ones I had already set off could be imbarissing :oops: So for next season I will have the control box

:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back