Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nead help with complex regulator switche

Status
Not open for further replies.

moebius1313

hey guys i m a good aircraft bilder but my electronic is a bit limited, in one of ar UAV project ( solar power during day and battery at night that should cover around 6.5 hours off night operatin ) as a sefty we ar emplementing a motor/generator unit that will be activeted bay a low battery signal ( at a given voltage will activate a relay off to on ) witch we alredy have,(but one off ar problem is to make sur that signal is not turn bac on un till the charging cycle is done).then it will power a Esc pre set to power (14.8v dc @ 2amp) to the motor to start the engin then the engin once runing the igniton sensor( at a given value will activate a relay, alredy have that one to) and will send a signal off to on to switch to a generator mode feading (12 to 15 volts D/C @ 2 to 5 amps to a regulator that nead to output (14.8 volt D/C @ 2 amps) the engin is preprogram to stop after 30 minuts. or until 75 % charge is comlete and will stop the low battery signal until the photo voltaic cell have ther full potentiel and take over.

so my question is, is sutche a board possible ( baterry signal in+ignition signal in to switch to regulator) and if so wer should we start with ? (weigt is important to) thanks for any input that will help

Just reading fast through your text, I'll say it is a schmitt trigger you're looking for.

When you talking about signal, do you mean a very short pulse? Is there a minimum length of this pulse?

no it is a very small device that monitor the voltage and emit a buzzing sound when battery are at 25% capacity left and can de porches at any hobby shop all we did is replace the buzzer for a relay of the same capacity and it seams to work fine as for the signal I have no clue but can if you need more info put it true the oscilloscope to see, but it just give a open and close position for now, as for the ignition yes it monitor the pulse off it and trigger a relay to open and close position since we are not very knowledgeable in electronic it was easier for us to used open and close position relay to do the test with. and also can be but from ignition manifactureur, but mostly wat wer after is a way to send power to the motor to start the engin and have it switche to generator regulator wen the engin is srarted with out any interferance from battery monitor will in charging mode .

if everiting could be on the same board it would be so nice but we dont mind separat one as long as it work :)

Last edited:
moebius1313, it's very difficult to read your posts since they have no periods and capitals to show where one sentence stops and another starts. Or is the whole post intended to be just one humongous sentence? :confused:

It would also help if you used a spell checker.;)

I m very sorry for that, see I m frenche Canadian and was trying to do the all ting bay myself, from now on I will used a spell check to help other people to understand what I m trying to say

My apology

I m very sorry for that, see I m frenche Canadian and was trying to do the all ting bay myself, from now on I will used a spell check to help other people to understand what I m trying to say

My apology
No big deal. Just rewrite the last posting.
And sure thing: If I aplied my grammar into english words, I guess it would not be an easy text to read either.

It sounds like you want the DC equivalent of a static transfer switch. The greatest problem I see is determining the 75% charge point has been reached. When the generator is running it is going to be applying charging voltage to the battery. If that voltage can be relied upon to be held constant, then the generator current could be used to determine the end of charge point.

I take it that the generator is not large enough to power the signal and charge the battery at the same time. I find that hard to believe since even a small 1hp lawn mower engine can turn a 50 amp car alternator.

nor rely let me show you

Attachments

• charge indicator.jpg
    charge indicator.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 99
  • SAIE030S-250.jpg
    SAIE030S-250.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
A lowan mower is the titanic compare to us, look at this it will give you a bather ideal (small generator with OS FS40 4stroke update1 charging test 50W) the one we did is smaller then that we used a ( .30 sayto engine and a smaller motor with geared ratio)
And eliminated the supplementary starter, we tested the set up with pretty much the same balky stuff so it need to be on the same circuit board and small as humanly possible,
The battery charge sensor ( pic # 1 ) and is connected to the battery balancer that will stop the charge on it’s own if the engine is still running the rest of the power will go to the Esc and ther for not wasted, but we calculated that it probley wont reached that point,
The batteries ( 2x 4s,30c,10c,paralle 6/ so 48 cell’s @ 22amp ) are controlled bay the drone in board pilot, and power all the electronic and motor, ill do a small diagram just to help, I m starting to understand a bit better in all that charabia now but just as I said
Electronic is not my forty so understanding what I need is a big plus for me.

And if one of you is good enough to figure it out and have time to mount the module
I will provide all materiel and a remuneration of you time 
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back