Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nchannel Totem pole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Can a totem pole using only a pair of Nchannel mosfets be workable?

I guess reversing the Source & Drain as necessary?

Thanks!

You can make an N-MOSFET totem pole but the upper transistor must be driven by a voltage higher than it's drain voltage to properly turn on. That's typically 10V above the drain voltage for standard MOSFETs and 5V for logic-level type MOSFETs.

You do not reverse the source and drain.

Do these half bridges exist in array form....perhaps 8 totems matched to an 8 bit port?

Maybe you could tell us what you are trying to do? If your not hung up on N mos TTL logic has totem pole outputs and you can get several in an IC.

Well I have an app driven by 5V PIC MCu and I need to drive light (<2A) inductive loads in the 12-15VDC range with reversible polarity. I'd like a soln to be sized to the 8 bit MCU ports. Thus the half H bridge or totem pole soln.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back