Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Natural keyboard w/o numeric keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
If you have seen a keyboard like a Microsoft natural keyboard but without the numeric keypad let me know. I have seen the split unit but have not found one I would care to use. But it has been years since I looked.

Last edited:
@Hi-Tech: I wish it was that easy :)

This sort of keyboard is hard on the wrists when you have wide shoulders.
**broken link removed**

This one is better (it does not have enough angle on the keys.)
**broken link removed**
The natural keyboard has some distance between the T Y keys like this. It allows for a bit of spacing between hands is easier on the body.
**broken link removed**

What's wrong with the numeric keypad?

I find it really handy when I'm entering lots of numeric data.

I won't buy a laptop unless it has a numeric keypad. But since I don't know own an oscilloscope yet, I don't own a laptop either. But it's a deciding criteria.

First of all, to each his own sort of thing.

I am not telling anyone what the worlds best keyboards is or is not. It is what I want/need.

I touch type. If I have a lot of numeric data I would have it entered by a body trained in 10 key. SO :D

For me everything to the right of the right enter key is wasted space. That is except for the arrow keys which could be relocated. If it were any other 6 by 8 inch POS I would toss it in the trash where it belongs. But I get the feeling that if I hack it off the keyboard will stop working. :)

Get yourself a MS natural keyboard as you pictured above and hack off the numeric section of it. There's a web page detailing it that I happened across when I found those links I posted. Or remove just the buttons themselves and install a cup holder for your coffee!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back