Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name that Bridge Rectifier lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a hell of a time trying to locate this specific Bridge Rectifier above the large blue cap. Any help (at least brand name) would be greatly appreciated.

DSC_05721_zps2e952aa6.jpg

Also need help finding this Diode. I believe it is a TVS Diode but uncertain. The identifying marks on it are 3SM 66 with a horizontal line above each 6 which makes me think they are really 9's?

20140214_213805_zps8f6f9813.jpg

My issue with the bridge rectifier is how do you know its only 1AMP? Because the fuse is a 2Amp fuse? I think I will go with a 1.5A Bridge rectifier

the OP said:
My issue with the bridge rectifier is how do you know its only 1 AMP? Because the fuse is a 2Amp fuse? I think I will go with a 1.5A Bridge rectifier

I typically rate fuses at 2x the required current of the device on the primary side. This allows the inrush to pass. Afterall, it is short-circuit protection and there is a time-currrent curve to go with it.

When you compare the bridge to the size of the transistor it might not even be 1A?

An awful lot of 1A bridges are re-encapsulated (is that even a word) 1N400X series diodes.

If the bridge rectifier is faulty, rather that struggling to find a replacement, you could just replace it with four 1N4007 diodes.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back