Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name that adhesive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hi guys,

I have been trying to find the name of an adhesive I once had. I forgot the name of it somehow.

I'll try to describe it:

1. It is a reusable adhesive (like the stuff you use to stick up a calender, like sticky tack). Same concept, but stronger as it is used in industry.
2. It is black in color, and you may have seen it used in your car door. It sticks the plastic film (under your door panel) to the door frame.

I have tried to explain this to people at the local hardware, but no one seems to know what it is actually called neither do they stock it.

Any help will be appreciated!

Would it be Butyl Sealant? It is used around automotive windshields/windscreens. If I recall it remains pliable for years.

Your welcome! Glad to be of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back