Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Namaste from Nepal need urgent help with external HD PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumhound

Namaste, I have two power supplies for external harddrives, one is marked FLY36-5-12 and the other Fy-Q10/24 and are rated at Input 100-240, 50/60/, .5a and the other 100-240, 50/60, .2a respectively.

The FY-q10/12 was powering an external enclosure but failed. The FLY36 is working. the leads on both powersupplys are different, so to use the FLY36 on the enclosure I thought that I could just chop off the plug from the FY-Q10/24 and swap. BUT the pinout is not the same. The FY-Q10/24 has a red, brown, yellow, black, and green wires and the other just yellow, red and white.

So what goes to what? Its probably apparent that I am not an electronics tech but a hack, and I do own a soldering gun and must repair lots of things here, as going to get a new part is impossible and there are no radio shacks one every corner. just water buffalo and rice paddies and momo shops. So your help is appreciated very much!

Last edited:
The problem is that each manufacture will chose different voltages, connectors and colours. There are no standards for that.

The FLY36-5-12 might have output voltages of 5 and 12V

The Fy-Q10/24 might have output voltages of 10 and 24V

I am not sure. The external hard drive should have the voltages written on them.

You will need a voltmeter to check the voltages.

Diver300 said:
The problem is that each manufacture will chose different voltages, connectors and colours. There are no
standards for that.

The FLY36-5-12 might have output voltages of 5 and 12V
The Fy-Q10/24 might have output voltages of 10 and 24V
I am not sure. The external hard drive should have the voltages written on them.
You will need a voltmeter to check the voltages.

A search has yielded following results. the second type data is obtained from ebay, while the first one from the manufacturers site.

using this the OP may using a proper cross connect cable and will be able to use them to his/her needs.

Specification:

1.Model: FLY36-5-12
Input: 100 - 250V; 50/60Hz Max 0.5A
Output: 5V 2A; 12V 2A
Safety: UL, FCC, CE, GS
Device Supported: Bytecc BT-300, Devices powered through 4-pin molet

2. NEW 5V-12V 2A I.T.E POWER SUPPLY FY-Q10/24
MODEL: FYQ10/24
PART NUMBER:
INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.2A
OUTPUT: 12V--2A
5V- 2A