Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

n00b as a n00b can get

Status
Not open for further replies.

kor81

has zero experience with circuits and stuff like this and this will be my first attempt to do something like this... i am needing a series of 8 leds to flash 1 by 1 i understand somewhat that i will need a 555 timer ? what other things do i need parts list?

take a astable 555 connect it up to a 4017 decade counter have a LED on 8 of the 10 ports on the 9th port put that on the reset pin of the 4017. You now have a LED sequencer.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Are in the first 10 Google results for '4017 555 LED chaser' :rolleyes:

i admit, i'm a pretty stupid noob (at least I'm honest) when it comes to stuff like this.

i like do pc mods and i thought it would be cool to build my own mods instead of buying them all... thanks for the links this should at least get me started... any one got any links to reading material to help me along the way??

thanks

That all about circuits website is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back