Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mythbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Did anyone see the last ten minutes of mythbusters where they were trying to make a scuba tank explode by shooting it with a rifle?

I missed that part :evil:

No, it will take a while until they will air it here. But I LOVE that show, Jamie and Adam are cool guys, I would like to meet them but it is not possible :cry:

yeah, they're great guys! and smart too (although i would like to have a chat about their magnetron escapades in that one episode :lol: )

I should send 'em an email and tell 'em that I could be on the show and do all their electronics stuff for them, seeing as i live relatively close. Although, I don't know how much of a chance a 17-year old would have :cry:

Make sure you tell me if you see the episode, I'm very curious.

OK I will tell you if I see it...

Sometimes when they do electric stuf, I see them not understanding electrics a lot (for example "The Radio tooth" or "Free energy"), but their experiments are always a lot of fun (Jamie's "Whoops" is a killer).
You should visit them in SF, if you can.

I missed the part about the scuba tank, but a coworker saw it. She said the tank didn't explode at all; the gas just escaped and caused the tank to shoot around like a rocket.

It's a cool show. I especially like Kari. :wink:

Mike

upand_at_them said:
Jay.slovak said:
Yep, Kari is pretty Hot :twisted:

How about we start a myth about her not being a real redhead and try to get them to bust it? Heh heh.

Mike
I would love to see that :twisted:
There are other parts of body beside head where we can see hair :oops: , and she definitelly doesn't dye it there lol

Jay.slovak said:
There are other parts of body beside head where we can see hair :oops: , and she definitelly doesn't dye it there lol

Hi Jay,

Yeah, that's the joke in the U.S....that to make sure a redhead is real we have to check other places. We also say "Do the curtains match the carpet?"

Mike

"Carpet", I like that :lol:

Actually I finnished watching two episodes (Unbreakable water and Killer Brace Position), so I enjoyed them...
Viva la BitTorrent :D

I also like the show.

The one whith the radio teath made me laugh.Wen adam made an faradey cage and he nailed to door down.And wen he tryed to go in it he was speachles for a few seconds and then he laughed his ass out(me too).

Pour buster !

That mith whith the pigs in a car for 2 months was discusting!!!

To bad they didnt get the archimeds solar boat fryer to work(i wod love to see the boat catch fire).

I like adam.He is the stupedest guy.

He dose stupid stuff somtimes.But ne has creative ideas.

I wodnt launch an coin in my hand at 3 times the speed of sound.

I liked hees jokes in the escape from the unacscapble jail mith

zachtheterrible said:
Did anyone see the last ten minutes of mythbusters where they were trying to make a scuba tank explode by shooting it with a rifle?

I missed that part :evil:

LMAO

yea i saw that one
it was funny as hell

the gun just dented the tank so they put some explosives on the tank and blew it up

they had it in a room with steel walls and the tank pushed a part of the wall out about 1 foot :shock:

you have to be 21 :cry:

Otherwise i'd build myself a C02 laser and light something on fire :lol:

Not really exhaustive

Mythbusters is one of my favorite comedy shows, most of the time it is really entertaining watching the crew attempt to appear like they know what they are doing, however some of the attempts are so hilarious we can hardley watch it.

I must admit they are smart enough to get a show, but as far as "definitave"
myth-busting - c'mon you dont really buy the results right ?

To be the winner of the Archimedes myth, you need the parabolic mirror from that Hubbell satellite the astronauts had to fix with another lens.
Hey, maybe you could polish a satellite dish?

Yeah, Kari's hot, but a bit too slim since she's a veg'an. I like some meat on the bones! She doesn't.

I've not seen that series. Is this the girl you're all talking about?

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 903
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back