Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mystery touch screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbad

Hi
I have a beautiful 480 x 240 monochrome LCD with touch screen. It's salvaged out of a photocopier and there's no chance of getting datasheets, but reverse engineering the LCD panel seems to be fairly straight forward (mostly line and column drivers). The problem is going to be the touchscreen.
The touch panel overlays the LCD and has a 20 pin flat plastic cable and that's all I know. No driver, no mfg, no part number and I haven't found much, if any info on the net on how to go about interfacing or reverse engineering with the panel. It's not that complex a device, but I don't know where to start.
resistive, capacitive, 4 wire, 5 wire. how to power it...
Any ideas?

Can you see any lines on the sides of the panel? if your device has more than 4 pins it should be capacitive as resistive only needs x and y resistance, that can be used by your ADC :D

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back