Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my Tube (Nokia 5800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi all,

Just got my nokia 5800, it's a nice device :) I'm on my way of upgrading the firmware to v20.

The latest firmware, v20.0.0.12
Changelog

• "Faster touch-screen input" (the phone is generally more responsive)
  • "Faster internet data download times"
  • Geotagging information now available in Camera (finally), plus photo taking now possible with the front (secondary) camera.
  • Dictionary application added, with support for multiple languages (as first seen on E66 and E71).
  • "Improved e-mail experience" (this includes improved scheduled email retreival)
  • App. update application added (as first seen on N85 and N79) - this is used to update individual Nokia applications outside of firmware updates.
  • General operation seems smoother, better performance is various applications, including Gallery, plus screen rotations are faster.
  • Playing back Flash/FLVvideos had less hiccups, especially on YouTube, where Web on the 5800 now becomes almost as good as a dedicated YouTube client, there's an article on this coming from Steve shortly...
  • 'Search' on the standby screen now searches phone content as well as on the Internet
  • Cosmetic effects added, especially in Gallery when switching orientation
  • Support for OMA DRM, enabling BBC iPlayer programme downloads and other future applications
  • The usual litany of small bug fixes.
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back