Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My new job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
The place is Acme Electric Tool Crib of the North Power Tools, Woodworking Tools, Cordless Tools from DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee and others at AcmeTools.com and its a great company to work for the pay is very good and I have my own 2008 Ford F-550 Super duty 4wd service rig as well plus it comes loaded with a ton of new tools of course!:D

Two weeks ago I decided to follow up on a radio add to see what this place was looking for and ended up as their new large equipment service tech. I was not really looking for a regular job all that much but I figured just for giggles I would stop by and tell them that they have and advertisement running on the radio that they are looking for me!
I did a short interview that day and didn't think much about it. They wanted me back a day later for a formal interview so I figured why not being I don't have much else going on that day. A few days later I was offered the job. Full benefits good hours and my own fully equipped service truck too!

Mainly my job will be to work on the larger equipment they rent and sell. Being I have a solid background in industrial and commercial equipment most of what they need is already second nature to me so even after my first week there I am already feeling comfortable about working there.

I just thought I would pass along my new work news and I will try and get some pictures of my work truck and other things posted next week. If you are curious I will be working primarily on the larger equipment like the high lifts, tractors, and general rental equipment, plus what ever else they need me to do as well.:)

No you can't ??

Looks like you just did and it worked out well.

Good luck with the new job.

JimB

Good for you. :D

kv

Last edited:
MMMMMM Acme tools I wonder if Wile.E Coyote is the biggest customer and the road runner is seen scooting past pokin his tongue out.......

Last edited:
MMMMMM Acme tools I wonder if Wile.E Coyote is the biggest customer and the road runner is seen scooting past pokin his tongue out.......

Acme got a lot of free Exposure from that Cartoon......? Krrr~Pooff Back to the Drawing Board.
I'm still waiting for my Acme - Outer Space Ray Gun.

Acme got a lot of free Exposure from that Cartoon......? Krrr~Pooff Back to the Drawing Board.
I'm still waiting for my Acme - Outer Space Ray Gun.

Yea I wonder if TCMTech can convince his boss to send me the ACME Flux Capacitor.........

Congratulations on that.....getting paid for something you really enjoy doing, well, kinda doesn't seem like 'work'

Yep. Wile E. Coyote had his stuff drop shipped, Mailed, Delivered, Air Dropped.

Most likely responsible for the inspiration behind UPS.

Last edited:
It looks like the company mascot is some sort of cartoon variation of Wile E. Coyote

Wonders if tcmtech will be reborn as the famous Wile E. Coyote once he gets past the qualifying period..........

Wonders if tcmtech will be reborn as the famous Wile E. Coyote once he gets past the qualifying period..........

You mean I am not there now? :eek:

To be honest I always equated the company's name the same way as well.:D

And yes I have already found out in my first week we do have a few customers who are about as equally creative in how they abuse their equipment. :eek:

I'm curious of some of the abuses:

I'll start:
Motor oil as the coolant in a horizontal band saw
A precision table used as the backing of a punch on sheet metal.
An automatic center punch being hit with a hammer.
Leaving the chuck key in and starting the lathe.
Leaving the wrench on the thing used to tighten the spindle chuck.

Congratulations on the new job. I sort of figured if you went back to work it would be a return to the oil fields. I agree with who mentioned the most important thing is enjoying your work.

Ron

Congratulations on the new job. I sort of figured if you went back to work it would be a return to the oil fields. I agree with who mentioned the most important thing is enjoying your work.

Ron

Fixing things have there own rewards. I held a position that fixed everything small boat motors, blenders, drills, weedwackers, lawn mowers, microwaves, ovens, fridges, disposals, Dishwasher, laundry. My partime job was TV's, and all electronics. We even did some stretching machines for a guy who rented them out to patients after surgery. You encounter stuff you didn't even know existed. That's when it gets really interesting. Like the day an inventor comes in with a high powered laser used for 3D imaging. Just Weird.

I know TCM is going to really like this job. His brain will be twisting in time with his products. It's alway's nice when a customer only wants you to repair it. The vote of confidence is all worth it. Doing the job right as opposed to just making it work until it gets out the door.

I sort of figured if you went back to work it would be a return to the oil fields.

Actually a fair amount of my service work is directly in the oil fields. The oil related industry is one of the primary renters of the larger equipment which I work on. :D

So far out of three service calls two have been in the oil fields and my next one will probably have me going back tomorrow another time. I think my previous experience In the oil field is a real benefit now being I know the typical safety protocols and procedures that the different places use.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back