Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my new 3-30v lab powersuply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could probably get a used 3-30V for less than was spent on the purchase of the fixed supply and the kit to make it variable. What's the amperage anyways?
There is nothing home made about this it was just put together at home.

I like it. It's getting more common to be able to buy a "product" that's really just a parts donator, and it's cheaper than the parts would have been. I do it all the time.

PS: The video is long, but I just grab the bar and zip ahead through the boring parts :)

Last edited:
The transformer in that thing is so cheep it will over heat and start a fire soon. Got any hotdogs?

Wow look at the circling sharks.

ETO members include a wide range of ages and backgrounds. Please try to be constructive and helpful rather then negative or disrespectful.

If you can not do that not posting is an option.

Wow look at the circling sharks.

ETO members include a wide range of ages and backgrounds. Please try to be constructive and helpful rather then negative or disrespectful.

If you can not do that not posting is an option.

Agreed.

But the same guy posted a 5min video yesterday about just 'unboxing a shipment'. It got the same response like 'waste of time'. I think this one is the continuation of that :).

I think he made this cunning PSU from the what he got yesterday through shipment making another video..

I can sense the excitement of unboxing a large shipment :) and background music makes it more thrilling anyway.

Yes you are right 3v0 and I apologize to the OP for my comments, I would rather encourage people new to electronics than put them down, but I dont think I would ever have made and posted a video opening a box of resistors. Andy

Hello there,

I have to agree with Brownout, in that i liked the basic idea of the video but i thought it was too long too. The video does not have to show every single little tiny torrid detail, just the main points. Luckily it looks like it was sped up a little or it would have been even longer.

Agreed.

The OP should practice the art of video editing.

If you are showing a repeating process, like unscrewing a screw, you can cut up the video after the screwdriver touches the first screw to you removing the last screw.

Take out all of the "boring" parts.

If you do not talk during the video, remove the sound track. IT will shrink the size of the video file and speed up editing by a good amount.

THEN dictate, or add sound after the video editing is complete.

The video showed an output of only 26V with no load. How low does the output drop with a load and is the output full of ripple with a load?

there is a 22R 200w resistor used as load in that picture,and yes you are right it drops to 26V,i don't know why,but over 26V it drops ,under it dosent change whith load.Ripple i have no way of mesuring that as i know off,do not own an ocilloscope.I have not done mutch testing at all of this project,since it was finished,so I will do that and maby make some smal modifications,or even replace the kit pcb all togheter,since i am not all that happy whit it.

That could explain why you can't get more than 26V. You'll just have to call it a 26-0V supply.

Oh. The transformer is center-tapped and the entire 20VAC is used to power the power supply kit.

I think you need to measure the output of the transformer at the connections that supply your regulator board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back