Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My garage door hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

9volt

need help with opener.

Hi, I am new and need help. My problem is, that it does not send out a strong signal. the distance is only a couple of feet. what do you think? if you have any ?? on how it works or the components used let me know. If I can get help with this and get it working correctly, I will post all info and plans. Thanks.

Attachments

• gd1.jpg
    gd1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 215
  • gd2.jpg
    gd2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
weak battery, mismatched transmitter and receiver frequency, weak RF amplifier, low receiver gain are some possible causes

Do you have a circuit diagram? It is difficult to help you unless we have more info.

You need to determine whether the problem is in the transmitter or the receiver or both. Do you know anyone that has the same system?

You could try your transmitter with his receiver and vice versa.

Remember his transmitter and receiver will use a different code, so you will have to change the code to suit.

Some NOOBs think that we see this circuit and its problem every day. So we know exactly what is wrong with it just by seeing a fuzzy picture of it.

Sorry Like i said, I am new and did not know what info. you would need, It gos through all possible codes in about 10 min. green led when going through codes then red when time to reset, if it does'nt open door. The reason I need this is I am a Private Investigator and would be nice to be able to open doors to run car plates to verify if my subject lives at that address. This will only open the late model doors, but thats ok most of my work is in the older part of town.
Nothing ilegal will be done with this.

Attachments

• gd.schmatic.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 219
  • gdpartslist.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 244
  • gdpcb.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
9volt said:
Sorry Like i said, I am new and did not know what info. you would need, It gos through all possible codes in about 10 min. green led when going through codes then red when time to reset, if it does'nt open door. The reason I need this is I am a Private Investigator and would be nice to be able to open doors to run car plates to verify if my subject lives at that address. This will only open the late model doors, but thats ok most of my work is in the older part of town.
Nothing ilegal will be done with this, and if you like you can check out our web site. www.csipiagency.com
Thank you for your help.

Isn't it like breaking and entering? Glad you haven't posted a schematic, and hope you don't. Something like this would be very bad to have floating around on the web. Can't you just park across the street with binoculars, cup of coffee, and a bag of donuts, like the cops do?

Could view the schematic (sort of relieved... but then again I don't have a garage). But you might need more battery. Think I remember something similar, maybe the same. It was a modified transmitter. They removed the dip switches, added a binary counter/555 clock. Maybe the battery can't handle the extra stuff. !0 minutes transmitting gotta burn up a battery quick anyway. A normal remote would only see a couple of seconds use in a day...

My pics dont seem to be showing up. HarveyH42 can I email you the pcb, parts list, schematic, and parts placement sheets? Thank you.

Just took a quick peek. Doesn't show the transmitter stage, since that is where you are have trouble. I'm not really an RF guy, right not I'm just getting started on microcontrollers. Just got my first chips yesterday, so a little pre-occupied on another topic.

HarveyH42 said:
Just took a quick peek. Doesn't show the transmitter stage, since that is where you are have trouble. I'm not really an RF guy, right not I'm just getting started on microcontrollers. Just got my first chips yesterday, so a little pre-occupied on another topic.

ok thanks anyway.

Sorry I can't give you more, but I've getting ready for this past couple of weeks, just waiting on a USB cable and some header pins.

I think that the likelihood is high that the transmitters sold with the openers are approved based on their design and commercial manufacturing. Your home-brew device probably isn't compliant - though I'll admit that I might be wrong.

The question of whether or not that is breaking and entering is interesting. I do not think it's right or appropriate.

Well. I saw UUE there.
As far I remember, it's related to plans & kits site.
They used to sell some plans. But 90% of them are utopic and do not work.

Like an EMP gun, that used a 30-spire inductor + some components to generate strongs EMPs.

Thats where i got the plans. its not breaking and entering, just a little opening and closing. like i said its sending out the frequency but not at any distance. and it has opened a couple of security parking gates. the 9 volt battery does not weaken in short time. i do not know all about electronics, but i think its due to the 5 volt reg. do you think maybe 5 volt reg. needs to be higher voltage? thanks all for your help. I will email you guys plans if you cannot open pics. if it will help.

Do "Private Investigators" also copy people's credit card numbers and their PIN numbers? Bank records?

In my neighbourhood in winter they don't bother using electronics to open garage doors to steal cars. They just get in one of the many cars being warmed up every morning in a driveway without the driver in them, and drive away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back