Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my first robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second the googling on this one... Wow... That is a VERY broad question...

There is quite a bit of things you will need, but most importantly you will need a brain... obveously they are in short supply on your end of the line... :rolleyes:

Since you don't sound like you know a lot about, umm, much, i would suggest finding some department store, and buy a cheap toy robot. You know the kind, the ones kids play with when they are like 5. Sure, they aren't very fun, but if you tear it apart, it may give you some ideas.

Next step would be to buy the BOE-Bot Robot Kit from Parallax (https://www.parallax.com). I got mine on ebay for like $80USC.

THEN, AND ONLY THEN, would be a good time to go off on your own building custom robots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purpose........

kshitij_anshu said:
plz give me the guidence to make my first robot

Most, if not all simple robots are made for only one simple task. Just getting it to walk is a major undertaking; making it as a vehicle then it has to have guidance built in or remote control, all rather difficult engineering projects.
So, the very first thing you have to decide is what you want it to do.

P.S. Why is your location and background a secret?

thanks & one more query

first of al thanks to u for replying me.....................
i hv made a robo vhicle in my clg comptition tht could pick,grasp,&pit the peticular balls .
now i wanna make other interesting project can u help me......................

Umm... How about a fully autonomous robot? That would be fun.

Also, if you already had a robot in a "college" compitition, then why are you asking here? You should already see ways to improve your existing robot, or add mods to it...

kshitij_anshu said:
first of al thanks to u for replying me.....................
i hv made a robo vhicle in my clg comptition tht could pick,grasp,&pit the peticular balls .
now i wanna make other interesting project can u help me......................

I've always thought that a robot that could compete with humans in a competition would be fun. How about building a robot to compete in the annual spelling bee comp.

Mike.

Pommie said:
I've always thought that a robot that could compete with humans in a competition would be fun. How about building a robot to compete in the annual spelling bee comp.

Mike.
And that would be what? A voice recognition project?

dknguyen said:
And that would be what? A voice recognition project?

The OP can implement it anyway they like, the intention was to help him/her with spelling.

Mike.

Marks256 said:
Umm... How about a fully autonomous robot? That would be fun.

Also, if you already had a robot in a "college" compitition, then why are you asking here? You should already see ways to improve your existing robot, or add mods to it...
sir i want to make it more powerful
plz suggust what more things i can add to it...................................;) ;) ;)

I suggest a nuclear powered generator to overcharge the electric motors and make it faster than any other robot before it, then attach stinger missiles for cool factor. along side some racing stripes :D

kshitij_anshu said:
sir i want to make it more powerful
plz suggust what more things i can add to it...................................

How about showing us what you have so-far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back