Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my first robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

this question i not realy on robots. but i am planning on making a pc parralel port controlled robot or "car" im only going to use 1 data line.
i can program ok, i can output anything to that "one" line. can anyone help decoding that message. it will be in binary.

also what message should i use. should i use "f1" for forward 1?
thanks

danielsmusic said:
this question i not realy on robots. but i am planning on making a pc parralel port controlled robot or "car" im only going to use 1 data line.
i can program ok, i can output anything to that "one" line. can anyone help decoding that message. it will be in binary.

If you're only using one data line, then you're performing an asyncronous serial connection - so why not just use the serial port which already does EXACTLY that?.

also what message should i use. should i use "f1" for forward 1?
thanks

It's entirely upto you?, although it would be a good idea to work it out BEFORE you start, and try and make it 'future proof', so you could use the exact same protocol for a more complicted design later?.

How about having the first 3 bits determine the comand and the 5 bits to give the comand data that it needs.

And you can send it in only one byte.You cod also make it first byte the comand and the second byte data.(but what the heck wod you fo whith 256 comands)

i was thinking about 1 line i think i could work im using the parralel port because it is much easyer to program in my opinon.

what i mite do is this,
use a 4017 counter then a 555 timer to give a break then data will be directed pass it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back