Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy004

Hi guys this is my first Schematic to PCB convertion project can anyone please let me know if I did this right here is the link
**broken link removed** but how do I atach the brd file from eagle.
Thanks guys your help is greatly appreciated.
Sammy

You have completed the PCB ,right? I think you want to show it here, right? attach file?

Zip it first and then attach it. It would be good if you also included the schematic file as well.

Mike.

In Eagle, you can click file tab, then export to image.

Hi sammy004,

you have more options to attach an Eagle file.

Zipped files are the worst choice having been downloaded and unzipped to view them.

Other options:

Export the file from Eagle (sch. brd) to pdf-format, which can be be viewed directly without even downloading.

Use "Screenshot Captor" or similar software to make a screenshot and cut it to size (omitting unnecessary contents of the screenshot)

Use 'gif'- format for best resolution.

Boncuk

OK I turned it into a jpeg file hopefully this works. When you see the plan you will notice that where the speaker connector is suppose to be I just left it with 2 wires and I can attach a wire from a 3mm audio (walk-man etc etc.) and the LED it would of been clearer if I turned the LED 90 deg.

Attachments

• brd1.jpg
    brd1.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 219
  • sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 220
Sammy, your circuit is too simple. The LEDs will look like a dim blur without my peak detector circuit or one of the ones in the datasheet.
Your input capacitor is probably not needed.

Thanks audioguru what I did was put this circuit on the breadboard and it worked alright and it beats to the music but just like you said the leds are kinda blured. So you think I can get rid of the capasitor and it will work better?

Last edited:
A peak detector circuit at the input will make it better to see and make every LED light at the same brightness.
Your input capacitor is probably doing nothing and can be removed without changing how the circuit works.

The circuit is designed so that a peak input voltage of only 1.25V lights all LEDs when the level control is at maximum. The 1k resistor sets the current in the LEDs at only 11mA. If the current is set higher then the IC will get too hot (because your supply voltage to the LEDs is too high) since there is no resistor to share the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back