Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first Project - Sony PSP memory card idea - circuit help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmistpete

Hi everyone :)

This will be one of my first proper electronic projects, I hope it wont be too complicated.

I want to make a bulk storage device made of several memory cards in parallel with 2 switches which electrically shift up and down through the stack but I have no idea which circuit to use.

The memory cards are "Sony Pro Duo" and can be soldered onto directly. I want about 10 in parallel and one connector to plug into the device. I wish to have 2 buttons, one which will shift to the next card each time it is pressed and one which will shift back to the previous card each time it is pressed.

To simplify - if I had a row of 10 LED's and one was illuminated, one button would move the light one to the right each time while the other moves it one to the left each press.

In addition, if possible, can I make it loop in both directions so that the next card after card 10 would be card 1 and the previous card before card 1 would be card 10?

Hope this all makes sense - maybe I'm getting ahead of myself with excitement. I hope it's possible.

Any pointers would be great. Thanks :)

sitch

Can anyone get me started on the switch please? How can I electronically switch up and down through 10 Parallel IC's?

Once they're in parallel, I just need a way of switching between them - I could use a physical configuration of switches but electronic switching would be nicer and better suited.

Use a CD4017 and a transistor on each output to select the card, and a pushbutton as the clock? Just a wild guess here.

Last edited:
Would one push-button switch between all the cards then by using that CD4017? Also, do you know which transistor would be suited to that purpose? Thanks for the reply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back