Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first PCB – Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebo

I would appreciate it so much if someone will check my circuit which I attached.
I explain the intended sequence below:

The PCB is the part inside the white border.
All components on the board work with 3.3V.

The 12V is for the electromagnets. Ground is common for both voltages.

A GPS receiver sends a 100mS pulse every second to a 4017. Every 9th pulse goes to a 555 which will then send a 15mS pulse to 2 more 555's, but this pulse goes via 2 reed switches which will be activated at varying times. If a reed switch closure coincides with the 9-second pulse then the 555 connected to that reed switch will fire and send a 12V X 1 Amp pulse which will last about 8 seconds to an electromagnet. It then rests and waits for another "hit" and repeats the above. Only one reed switch can be on at any one time.

I have 4 X 2-pin connectors which will lead to 4 LEDs on the enclosure's lid which will indicate the PPS, solenoid 1 & 2 and the pulse every 9th second.

What is still missing is the reset of the 4017 after the 9th pulse. Do I connect pin 11 (pulse 10) to reset and will that count as pulse 1 or how do I make sure there is no lag. I need it to send a pulse precisely every 9th second.

The 4017 reset must be done with a resistor + capacitor, not so? How and what values?

Some resistor positions make provision for variable or fixed.

I will really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• PCB 01.gif
    PCB 01.gif
    76.9 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back