My first PCB – Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebo

I would appreciate it so much if someone will check my circuit which I attached.
I explain the intended sequence below:

The PCB is the part inside the white border.
All components on the board work with 3.3V.

The 12V is for the electromagnets. Ground is common for both voltages.

A GPS receiver sends a 100mS pulse every second to a 4017. Every 9th pulse goes to a 555 which will then send a 15mS pulse to 2 more 555's, but this pulse goes via 2 reed switches which will be activated at varying times. If a reed switch closure coincides with the 9-second pulse then the 555 connected to that reed switch will fire and send a 12V X 1 Amp pulse which will last about 8 seconds to an electromagnet. It then rests and waits for another "hit" and repeats the above. Only one reed switch can be on at any one time.

I have 4 X 2-pin connectors which will lead to 4 LEDs on the enclosure's lid which will indicate the PPS, solenoid 1 & 2 and the pulse every 9th second.

What is still missing is the reset of the 4017 after the 9th pulse. Do I connect pin 11 (pulse 10) to reset and will that count as pulse 1 or how do I make sure there is no lag. I need it to send a pulse precisely every 9th second.

The 4017 reset must be done with a resistor + capacitor, not so? How and what values?

Some resistor positions make provision for variable or fixed.

I will really appreciate your help.

Attachments

• PCB 01.gif
    76.9 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…