Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My dad (pommie) is banned again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this affects us how precisely?

It seems my dad (pommie) is banned again.

John.

It seems? Either he's banned or he isn't.
What's the reason this time?
Is this Pommie using an alias?

When you look at any of his posts the word banned appears above (or is it under) his name so I would say that he has been banned. I hope it is not for too long. In my book he is one of the good guys, answers a lot of tough questions.

Last edited:
That's what surprises me... I figured Pommie to be a square dealer... but then what would I know... I've been busy drafting up football plays for two days now. My crew lost the championship game by 2 pts.!!:( But they played tough I have to admit and I still think the ref. made a few bad calls.

I don't see "banned" under or above his name. Has he been reinstated? I certainly hope so.

I saw the "Banned" flag on his user info earlier today too but I did not see what might have caused it. I think he's been banned in the past for rather vocally disagreeing with some site management decisions.

I don't see the "banned" flag anymore on him so I hope he's back. He's one of the site's more valuable members and as HiTech put it, definitely a "square dealer".

Torben

It feel bad knowing that such a person with such good knowledge and friendly attitude had got banned. Anyway, it's good that he is back.

Last edited:
It feel bad knowing that such a person with such good knowledge and friendly attitude had got banned. Anyway, it's good that he is back.

A forum is just a mirror of the world but in a smaller scale that means all features of real life you have more or less here also

politics, fair and unfair decisions, people with power, and untuchables

a perfect world is not exsisting so I gues a perfect forum woudn't be availible either

I hope pommie will be back as before as in my opinion he's a ace to have

Robert-Jan

I don't think so.

I don't see "banned" under or above his name. Has he been reinstated? I certainly hope so.

He doesn't appear to be banned there is no banning under his name.

kv

He was banned for a short while.

But as of Yesterday he was reinstated right ?

I don't think robert-jan new he was back.

I didn't now where you were until you were making a comment in another thread. My wife is from the denver and la junta. She went to High School there growing up she was a military brat. But found herself in La junta with here Grandparents during High School.

Now here Mom and Her Uncle is in Denver just of Colorado blv and Martin Luther King.

kv

He was only banned for a short while. As I said I do not know what it was about nor do I want to.

I am somewhat fimilar with that area of Denver.

Colorado in general in a nice place to live. Both people and climate. Colorado Springs was especialy nice. The climate there is unique in that the altitude and proximity to the mountians work in its favor. But people from the left coast found out about it and invaded. At times it feels more like LA the Colorado.

The springs used to be a decent Hi Tech area. HP, DEC, and even Seymour Cray hand plants there. I think Cray was mostly research. Most of that has shrunk or totaly evaporated. The engineers I know there still have jobs but mostly with smaller places.

But as of Yesterday he was reinstated right ?

I don't think robert-jan new he was back.

I didn't now where you were until you were making a comment in another thread. My wife is from the denver and la junta. She went to High School there growing up she was a military brat. But found herself in La junta with here Grandparents during High School.

Now here Mom and Her Uncle is in Denver just of Colorado blv and Martin Luther King.

kv

Beautiful country, Denver and north. Went to a Esab Robot school in Fort Collins CO. That was back in 1985 or so.We had a motel room directly across the road from a huge stockyard, didn't need a wake up call.

Did he get deleted? I think he makes stuff up. There is clock posted that is LED. So I posted an LCD clock I did years ago and it has a software adjustment to compensate for crystal discrepancies. He claimed that the LED one did too which I did not see and he bashed my assembler code so I issued a challenge to point out the other programs software adjustment for the crystal and haven't heard from him yet.

Did he get deleted? I think he makes stuff up. There is clock posted that is LED. So I posted an LCD clock I did years ago and it has a software adjustment to compensate for crystal discrepancies. He claimed that the LED one did too which I did not see and he bashed my assembler code so I issued a challenge to point out the other programs software adjustment for the crystal and haven't heard from him yet.

Space Varmint,

Pommie never said that particular clock included a "software trimmer" feature. He said that I had posted a similar "software trimmer" method in the past.

Accusing him (Pommie) of "making stuff up" is a poor excuse for your inability to comprehend what you're read.

You also offended me in that thread because you don't specify who it is you're talking about in your posts. In one of your posts a reader would assume that "this guy" who created a nice clock (me) is the "he" who bashed your code and this simply is not the case. So far, after telling you about the offense, you have not offered an apology...

Mike, K8LH

Last edited:
I hope he wasn't banned for criticising the site policy.

I accept that this place isn't a democracy but we should have some freedom to criticise it or it becomes pointless.

I hope he wasn't banned for criticising the site policy.

I accept that this place isn't a democracy but we should have some freedom to criticise it or it becomes pointless.

hi hero,
No site dispute, he had a run in with a poster over a 'suspect' program origin.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back