Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My (Chinese) tig welder won't switch off the arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl McIntosh

Hey everyone
I have a Nevada wsme tig 200 (which no longer seems to exist on the internet) it had been working fine for a few years and all of a sudden I cannot switch off the arc. From the moment you turn it on, it's trying to weld. If the torch is not connected, or not in a weld position there is a spark gap in the machine that makes a really loud clicking till the welder shuts off (overload I'm assuming) it's a pretty bright spark. It has always done this if I were to switch the torch on with no weld surface. I have done continuity tests on the switch and it works fine. I must confess I am no expert of electronics at all, just saw a thread from people that sound like they know their stuff. Can anyone help me with this as I am at a complete loss and can't afford to buy a new welder. Hence the Chinese knock off.
Thanks
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back