Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MX7228 D/A Converter help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I'm getting this somewhat, there's the 8 data input bits, but the datasheet doesn't really tell me much about how to operate it (I miss Microchip datasheets for their explanation of how something works). So, do you latch information in by selecting an address line, then pulsing the WR line? And...How do you actually get the analog signal? Do you tie all the output lines together?

Datasheet attached.

Attachments

• MX7228(1).pdf
    379.6 KB · Views: 129
You missed the data sheet info that says it has eight 8-bit D/A's (Octal 8-bit D/A). That's why there are eight outputs. Each analog output is from a completely independent D/A. You definitely don't want to tie them together.

If you only want one output then it would be simpler to use a chip that has a single D/A.

Hyuk hyuk, I actually just thought of the whole 8 DACs thing while I was driving home from work. Thanks, man. Get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back