Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Muting signal for car stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingaz

Hi everyone,

I recently replaced my car stereo, and noticed it has a connection on the back for 'muting' the stereo when it is connected to a mobile phone (and there is a call). I assume it is a 'standard' system. does anyone know what kind of signal is needed to mute the stereo? By this I mean does it need +12v, GND, or a digital signal?

If it's a digital signal, does anyone know of a simple way for me to produce the muting signal? I have searched on the ned, but can't find any relevant information.

The stereo is a JVC KD-SX991R.

Any help appreciated.

Try tying the line to ground via a 10k resistor, if that doesn't work try tying it to +12V via the same 10k. One should work.

Hi sceadwian,

I thought that too, but i tried connecting it to gnd and +12v. Neither had any effect on the volume of the stereo.

Anyone else have any ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back