Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Must-have discrete components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menticol

Hello!

I'm re-filling my workbench stock, it consisted in majority of jars plenty of savaged resistors, condensers, and diodes.

I want to change this, and get decent materials to work. I know that varies from a project to other, but some values are more used than others.

That's why I ask you, as an experienced electronics worker :D

My shopping list includes, by now

- 1K resistors
- 100 K
- 4.7 K
- 6.8 K
- 1 M

- 1N4148 Diodes
- 1N4004

- 2N3904 or 2N222
-2N3906

- As much electrolytic capacitors as I can

- 103, 104, 102 ceramic capacitors

- 555 IC's (that's not discrete, but very handy)

I hope I could expand it enough before going shopping after lunch

Last edited:
Uuh, what is it exactly that you are asking us? If those specified components are acceptable or what else should be added to your list? BTW, I simply acquire discarded electronic items and strip the components from the circuit boards to boost my parts inventory. Just remember when doing this that you should test the components for proper values, etc. before relying on them for use in future projects.

Oh that's true HiTech, it's a badly redacted post. Adding components to the list would be great. The 6.8K should head the list, it's hard to find on my scarpped PSU's (I know going out and buying it is easier, as mom says, lazy man works twice)

120 ohm resistor is great to power up LED's from batteries

Last edited:
add more 10K and 50K resistors, 100K pot, 10K pot, 1K pot, 100R pot,
360R resistors and some led's
1n5822

rest depends on what you play with ... i find 74HC* to be useful to have around (especially 74HC14), BC546B(c), 2n3055, ULN200(3|7), L29(3|7|8), BAxxCC0T, LM317, mcp60x, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back