Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Musical SSTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimpZ

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to build a principal musical Tesla coil for a small project in university physics. The problem is that, although I get the theory, I'm a sucker at the schematics. So now I'm asking for help.

What I'm trying to build is something like in this video:
YouTube - Solid State Musical Tesla Coil

Now, lets say I have a functioning tesla coil (we'll get to the specs later). I got a sinusodial wave coming from a MIDI-keyboard. I want to transform it into a square wave at the same frequency, which in turn controls a switch. This switch is going to turn the current in the coil on and off and let it resonate in its own frequency for the given time period (watch the video for more details).

What is the circuitry needed for me to do this? Schematics?

I don't know the current in a typical MIDI-keyboard although I could measure it. If anyone wants, maybe you could give write a small guide for how to calculate the needed specs for components from a given original signal?

Do the specs of the Tesla coil with a resonant frequency of above 30kHz matter for the incoming signal? If so, help with that?

Thank you for your time :)

Look in Google for Plazma Tweeter to see the high voltage arc that plays music. Most sound very distorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back