Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Musical Greeting card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinesh14

Hi. I remember that when I was a kid, there existed these musical
greeting cards (real ones, not e-cards) -- you opened it up, and there
was a chip inside that triggered and played "Happy Birthday" or some
Christmas song, or something.

1. How do those things work? (what chip do they used, how is it
constructed, etc.)

2. How can I manufacture my own?

3. (barring that) How can I find a place that will custom-build these
for me? i want to make them in bulk quantity.

Thanks!

1) usually a bare chip die is placed on a piece of pcb, connected and glued in a blob of epoxy - a totally custom solution for huge quantities, and the chip is most likely specifically made for just this purpose, probably even including the actual song being hardwired into it
2) that would be hard to make in the size the chinese make them
3) try to find a manufacturer, it should not be that hard I guess, maybe something like alibaba could have these sort of things?

edit: I googled greeting card sound chip manufacturer and I got a lot of results, including this one https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/recordable-sound-chip-for-greeting-card_664377423.html?s=p

thanks for your prompt reply
i came to know about COB voice ic module ..bt i dnt know to load custom sound on it...?

i found this circuit in greeting card.

Attachments

• IMG_20140322_145600.jpg
    IMG_20140322_145600.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 197
they are manufacturer of the same why will the let me know the details of they burn voice in that ic.
through contacts pls let me know

Well if you are going to buy it from them then they will have to provide such details, otherwise the chips would be useless for you.

And anyway how you record the sounds depends on the chip, and I doubt you will manufacture those on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back