Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Music transmission using LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

testy

Hi,
I am trying to design a circuit which will transmit music using LEDs .

The LED is modulated using a data signal from a CD player and the optical signal is detected using a small receiver unit. The data is recovered and an A/D converter then creates audio signals for a pair of loudspeakers. The lamp transmits data over a range of up to a few metres.

I have only a limited knowledge, so I am finding it difficult to begin with this project. I need advice on the design and components of the circuit. .
Thanks in advance..

If you are talking about designing both the transmitter and receiver (with its D/A converter circuits) from scratch, that would be a difficult task for an experienced designer. I'm not trying to discourage you, but you have chosen a relatively difficult project. Bluetooth, infrared, and RF wireless headphones are pretty low cost, so why do you want to do this?

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back