Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Music Light controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYG Eric

Hopefully someone has schematics on this or something close, No need to reinvent the wheel.

I have a 21 110v lights that need to blink the beat of music. I need a controller with an audio in and someway to adjust the sensitivity so that when the music hits at the hardest all the lights are lit up and on a few lights lit up at the softer beats like a Sound Equalizer

Google: color organ

Ken

Maplin used to do a colour organ project. I have an old copy of one of thier magazines with the schematic and instructions for building it.

I'll scan and post it if you're interested.

A colour organ circuit lights some lights only for low frequencies, other lights only for mid frequencies and other lights only for high frequencies.

The BEAT in music is usually low frequencies. Then your circuit does not need to detect mid and high frequencies.

If he posts saying he's interested, I'll dig out the magazine, scan it at work and post it.

Even if he's only interested in the low frequencies, it's still useful as he could just build the bass part of it and ignore the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back