Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

music into surroundsound

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

how to send music into surroundsound? now it sends it only in front but i want to get sound out from all speakers to fully enjoy my soundsystem and nice hevy music.

You don't specify the setup, is it a computer one, or a full AV sound system? If its computer, there's usually an option in the sound card settings (creative soundcard?). Otherwise, there may be a way to make that work on the reciever amp, but its not too likely. I don't see a reason in playing music in surround unless its specifically produced that way for effect. When you hear a band play on stage, they don't play all around you, just in front of you. Surround is only really appropriate in movies and games. Ifs its a sorround recorded concert of a band, you should get sound from the rear, mostly the crowd I would think, but not ordinary CDs.

If you want an stereo song playing sround just add an difusor jack so it has one input conector and two output so you can feed the same in the rear chanel.

If your sound card has sorround then use that.Windows media player plays on sorround(even if its an stereo song)But most other stuff will play stereo.Games that have this feture can use it in sround.

You can still switch betwen stereo and sorround in software.

Dr.EM said:
You don't specify the setup, is it a computer one, or a full AV sound system? If its computer, there's usually an option in the sound card settings (creative soundcard?). Otherwise, there may be a way to make that work on the reciever amp, but its not too likely. I don't see a reason in playing music in surround unless its specifically produced that way for effect. When you hear a band play on stage, they don't play all around you, just in front of you. Surround is only really appropriate in movies and games. Ifs its a sorround recorded concert of a band, you should get sound from the rear, mostly the crowd I would think, but not ordinary CDs.

I agree, what's the point in playing stereo through a surround system?, all it does is destroy the stereo effect!.

We get loads of people at work complaining about the Dolby 5.1 system they have just bought, and that the rear speakers only work occasionally, and not at all on some programmes!.

You won't get surround sound out if you don't feed surround sound in. Some surround sound decoders have a synthesizer to give a surround effect from an ordinary stereo input.

Remember SQ Logic surround ICs by Motorola? I still have a system I built a few hundred years ago. With ordinary stereo it pumps the sound all over the place. :lol:

have a 5.1 creative SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY system. nd want the sound to go all around. i dont want ste surround effect just sound all a round the room. sound into front, rear, centre and bass. i found some plugins for winamp but they only send some sound into rear bt not centre nor bass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back