Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

music box

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonr

Hello,

I am trying to build a battery or solar powered music box. I understand there is a battery powered kit I can purchase at a local radio shack with a speaker, but it only will play twenty seconds of audio. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions about what parts I may need so I can have up to 4 minutes...and if a solar powered music box is possible?

Thank you in advance!

Jon R

jonr said:
Hello,

I am trying to build a battery or solar powered music box. I understand there is a battery powered kit I can purchase at a local radio shack with a speaker, but it only will play twenty seconds of audio. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions about what parts I may need so I can have up to 4 minutes...and if a solar powered music box is possible?

Thank you in advance!

Jon R

Buy large enough solar panels and you can power just about anything.
Are you looking to play radio, music from a portable mp3 player? Why only
4 minutes?

Here are a couple of ideas:

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Solar-Boombox/?ALLSTEPS
**broken link removed**

I've had a similar project sitting on my bench for about a year now, other things to work on...

Anyway, I got some 16 meg MP3 players surplus for $5 each, hold about three songs. Audioguru help me get it to play automatically when power is supplied. A LM386 audio amp wasn't loud enough at a reasonable solar powered battery option. So it sat for a while. Found some more surplus, a little amp with speakers for Gameboy $3.95, loud enough, but runs on a 9 volt battery, has a 6 volt adapter socket. Haven't gotten around to doing the 6 volt supply, solar charger, dark-activated switch, LM317 for the 1.5 volts to run the MP3 player. Anyway, pretty well worked it out, just not a lot of spare time for that one. Was kind of hoping to get an AVR microcontroller to work as the dark activated switch, so I could put a long delay on it, and switch it off when the song was done. Could also use it to start the player, and save some soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back