Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim Transient Analysis Stepsize Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

conxion

Hi All,

I have a 32 second wav file that has a 1 kHz noise on it. I am trying to design a simple circuit that will remove this noise.
I am having problems with the output of the transient analysis of multisim. I have more data points that original. Here are all my steps.

Convert wav file into time domain in MATLAB with
-wavread
Save the time domain data to a txt file with matlab. This data has 1,424,800 points.
Design a notch filter with multisim. Input the data with a piecewise linear voltage source that is linked to the text file.
AC analysis of my circuit reveals that it should work, -30 dB gain at 1 kHz.

Run a transient analysis with multisim. Import the results into .tdm then into Matlab with
**broken link removed**

Here is where my problem is. The output of multisim has 6,396,188 data points instead of 1,424,800. When I use wavwrite and create a new wavfile, it is 2 minutes long instead of 32 seconds like the original.

I believe my problem is the step size settings of multisim. I want to specify minimum step size but multisim does not have that option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back