Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim question

Status
Not open for further replies.

qrper

Gang!

I see a lot of talk here about multisim. I google and found the site, but egads, did everyone really pay $495 for the student edition?

I am way past student age and the next step up is over a grand an a half.

Is there something here I am missing? Is there another multisim out there that not selling for $500 bucks?

I laugh when I see a Multisim post.
The schematic is a negative and is covered with measles dots.
Most circuits do not work.
It costs a fortune.

But the excellent SIM program LTspiceIV from Linear Technology is free.

I laugh when I see a Multisim post.
The schematic is a negative and is covered with measles dots.
Most circuits do not work.
It costs a fortune.

But the excellent SIM program LTspiceIV from Linear Technology is free.

agreed. SPICE is better.

i remember being taught electronics workbench and multisim. i found spice, and never looked back. Though now I use PROTEUS which is analog and digital simulator.

I have never simulated a logic circuit. The datasheets tell you exactly what will happen.

Last time I simulated a digital circuit in Multisim, the computer went off and wouldn't switch back on. I guess it also hates multisim!

[the psu broke coincidently when i clicked run]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back