Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multisim and utilboard users

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy257

Hi Guys

i have been playing with the software and am quite impressed with it. What i wanted to know is when you import your schematic into the pcb software is it supposed to automatically arrange your components for you? All i get is my components lined up next to each onether in a straight line.

cheers

andy

yes,
it is the default format...
hey i've worked on ORCAD and i'm sharing my exp. in that regards..

well first you get the components lined up ...
you can arrange them by clicking and dragging ...
you have to take care of the fact that there must be least jumpers on the board... so that no external connections are required and all paths get on the pcb itself...

keep on refreshing (there must be some refresh button on the top or somewhere) as you change positions of components.

at last run trace (its a procedure where all connections get the form of straight paths running between the components)

watch out and reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back